Today, I wrapped up the finishing touches on Laura’s new blog look.
Laura is an extremely sweet person who always writes from the heart. She has a background in healthcare and shares great insight into the field. Right now, she’s prepping for her wedding and trying to handle the stress that comes with planning one (including a fire at her venue!).
Since this is my first finished work since the launch of b.CAUSE designs, I thought I’d share a bit about the process we went through:
- Laura contacted me for a blog makeover. Her blog is hosted through Blogger. I love Laura’s blog and was excited and thankful for the opportunity.
- We started by e-mailing back and forth ideas for the overall look.
- I sketched the design on notebook paper and labeled the corresponding HTML elements I would need.
- I set up a test site, so Laura could see the drafts I was working on. After each draft, I asked her for her thoughts and made the necessary changes.
- When she was satisfied with the look, she made a donation to her choice charity (Doctors Without Borders) and sent me a confirmation e-mail from the organization.
- I logged into her Blogger account and installed her new design.
I can’t thank Laura enough for giving me the opportunity to work on her blog. It reaffirmed my love for web design and reminded me why I launched this program in the first place!
For more information on how you can get a no-profit-to-me blog makeover, visit Services: For Bloggers. Don’t forget to also check out the Frequently Asked Questions. Get a design makeover while supporting good causes!!!